Faringdon Community Bus
Providing local transport for the local community
Requesting a Private Hire
1. General - The Community Bus is only available for private hire with an FCB MIDAS trained volunteer driver. The bus can carry 16 passengers but is not fully accessible i.e. it does not have a tail lift or ramp. Folding pushchairs and walking aids can be accommodated but stowage of these may reduce the number of seats available. All passengers must be able to enter from the pavement and ascend three internal steps to the otherwise flat floor.
2. Availability - The Bus will generally be available for hire, subject to the availability of an FCB driver, to local individuals, clubs, charities and organisations in and around Faringdon on weekday afternoons and evenings and Saturday and Sunday all or part day. It will not be available at times that conflict with the operation of the published service timetable, trips and prior bookings.
Please pay special attention to the following:-
*If a booked and confirmed hire has to be cancelled by FCB before the Hire takes place all payments paid to FCB by the hirer will be refunded.
* If a hire fails to reach its destination, due to circumstances beyond the control of FCB but within the responsibility of FCB e.g. failure of the bus, all payments paid to FCB by the hirer will be refunded.
* If a hire fails to reach its destination, due to circumstances beyond the control of FCB, accident, road closure, weather conditions, payments already paid to FCB by the hirer will not be refunded.
In none of the above circumstances will FCB accept liability for any secondary losses suffered by the Hirer e.g. non-use of booked tickets, in the event that the destination is not reached, or reached in time, due to any unforeseen circumstances. The Hirer shall ensure that sufficient time has been allowed for the journey.
3. Enquiries (or to make a booking). Please complete our online booking questionaire which will enable us to fully understand your requirements and to provide a quotation. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond as soon as possible.
4. Legal Requirement - In order to hire the Community Bus, the Individual requesting the Hire, is required to be a registered hirer (*Booking fee) of Faringdon Community Bus. This is a legal requirement and enables FCB to hire the bus to third parties and avoids the need for the hirer to obtain their own transport permit.
Distance Charge for first 80 miles £1.80/mile
Remaining miles £1.00/mile
Late Finish Charge, after 24:00 £25.00
Late Finish Charge, after 01:00 £40.00
Late Finish Charge, after 02:00 £60.00
a) Seat belts must be worn. No fast food, drinking from glassware, alcohol or smoking is allowed on the bus.
b) The First Aid kit is for emergency use. The Hirer will be charged for the replacement of any item used.
c) If in the opinion of FCB, it is likely that alcohol will be consumed by passengers, a returnable deposit of £250 will be required, which will go towards cleaning/air freshener costs in the event of soiling. If the likelihood of possible soiling is strong, the hire request will be refused
d) The FCB driver has absolute right to refuse conveyance to any passenger not complying with the rules or whose behaviour is unacceptable.
e) The bus is a Community asset and shall be treated accordingly.
The driver will have a copy of your Hire Booking Form in the bus.
The driver will complete a Log Sheet in the bus recording the mileage travelled, no. of passengers and finish time.
Faringdon Community Bus Ltd, a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No 4915024